HOW ARE WE MAKING THIS DREAM A REALITY
As it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a community to provide stable homes for those without. Join us in creating community-centered housing in the heart of Manson’s Landing.
Our Fundraising Goal: $1.7 Million
Achieving this goal will enable us to purchase the land, complete project designs and site preparation; thereby attaining ‘shovel ready’ status for the home building project to begin.
Whether it’s a significant donation or the price of a cup of coffee, every dollar counts towards fulfilling this community initiative.
We are well on our way to making this vision a reality.
• CISS has purchased the land. We closed on March the 15th.
• The Federal government has just announced massive financial support of their new national housing strategy. The Province of BC has also indicated strong financial support. The time could not be better to access real government funds to make this happen.
•BC Housing is supportive and will very likely help to fund infrastructure and building costs, since we have secured the land. We will be submitting a bold funding application on September 17/2018.
• We have submitted grant applications, which we are very likely to win, to assist with the cost of early development planning.
• We have hired a professional non-profit development consultant, Ian Scott, who has outlined the next steps in our project work plan.
• We have hired a local project coordinator, Sandra Wood, who will help facilitate day to day movement forward as well as grant applications.
“Never be ashamed of the privilege into which you have been born. Use it, use it for the good of us all”
(Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa)
Ways you can help us raise the final $300,000 in order of preference:
Become a business partner on the commercially zoned lot between Manson’s Hall and the old Credit Union, by helping to fund the new building construction or by renting/leasing a shop or office.
• trail blaze
• clear debris
• buck firewood
• guide land tours
• build trails
• host a fund raising event
• display rack cards & flyers
• be an ambassador
• donate building materials
• donate professional skills
• contribute your ideas
• on-going fundraising campaign
• community meetings
• community visioning workshops
• community involvement in the design process
• government affordable housing grants
• construction and occupancy!