Making Community Housing a Reality
Thanks to your continued input and financial contributions, we are well on our way to stable year-round rental housing for Cortesians of all ages. We’ve secured 51 acres of flat, residentially-zoned land, within a five minute walk of central Mansons Landing. This will be the home of our first phase: Rainbow Ridge, a 20-unit, 6 acre development on the northern edge of the parcel.
The design process is well underway, and our funding campaign continues. With your help, Rainbow Ridge will:
- Encourage a thriving and diverse island population of all ages and varied means
- Reduce poverty and homelessness
- Insure family stability and a viable school system
- Create and maintaining public walking trails to and from downtown Mansons Village
- Increase local jobs for island mills, carpenters, value-added woodwork, and others
- Kick-start our local economic plan (LEAP)
- Maximize the use of local lumber from our community forest co-op
What comes next up to our collective vision. Dream with us. Donate.
The Seniors Village and Rainbow Ridge on Cortes Island are located in the traditional and ancestral territories of the toq qaymɩxʷ (Klahoose), ɬəʔamɛn qaymɩxʷ (Tla’amin), ʔop qaymɩxʷ (Homalco) Nations.